Who We Are
– We’re on three (3) military installations and one (1) municipality
– Fort Gordon, Georgia
– Fort Lee, Virginia
– Fort McCoy, Wisconsin
– City of Augusta/Richmond County
– Employed by nine (9) companies
– Covered by eleven (11) CBAs
– approximately 550 members working on 3 military installations: Fort Gordon, GA; Fort Lee, VA; and Fort McCoy, WI. We also have members in one municipality, Augusta-Richmond County.
– employed are by nine (9) companies and covered by eleven (11) collective bargaining agreements. We are also employed in numerous job classifications, some requiring specific training, certifications and licenses.
– are military service retirees, military service dependents, prior military service members and members of the surrounding communities who commute from as far as 100 miles from work.
– working under the protection of the Transport Workers Union Local 527 and several major federal laws such as the Service Contract Act (SCA), the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act (CWHSSA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Those laws and the listed presidential Executive Orders (EO) form the foundation on which we are able to build our Collective Bargaining Agreements during negotiations with the employers we work for who have contracts with the federal government to perform services under the Service Contract Act.
– Executive Order (EO) 13495, “Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers under Service Contracts,” signed by President Obama on January 30, 2009.
– Executive Order (EO) 13658, “Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors,” to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 President Obama signed February 12, 2014.
– Executive Order (EO) 13673, Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces was signed by President Barack Obama on July 31, 2014.